MSI Installer

Topics: Feature Requests
Feb 12, 2015 at 4:08 PM
provide a msi based installer for software packaging and silent installation. this is a must have for enterprise usage and has been done in the past by 3rd parties for the original truecrypt setup.
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2015 at 4:16 PM
Silent installer mode has been asked before and I understand its need for enterprise deployment.
For now, this is not provided because the license must be accepted before its installation: this is important for legal and for warranty reasons.

One solution that I'm exploring is to enable the license agreement on the first execution of the program if the installation was done in silent mode. Is this something that would be acceptable in you enterprise environment?
Feb 12, 2015 at 4:18 PM
Yes that would be fine.
Feb 12, 2015 at 7:48 PM
One other suggestion a lot of apps that use msi installers typically provide and install property of EULA which allows you to change the value to 0 or 1 to accept the license agreement.
Oct 1, 2015 at 1:26 PM
Has there been any update to this? I am looking to have new versions of VeraCrypt installed via a patch management system and really need an MSI. Thank you.
Oct 1, 2015 at 4:18 PM
I created a ticket for this feature request at the link below that you can vote-up.

https://veracrypt.codeplex.com/workitem/235
Oct 1, 2015 at 6:40 PM
Edited Oct 1, 2015 at 6:41 PM
Sysinternals provides a "/accepteula" command line parameter.

Also in terms of license not every user in an enterprise environment has to accept the license.
The license has to be accepted by the company (as a legal entity).

So it is just unnecessary if you have accepted it once (first installation, or research before deployment) to click accept by all (lets say) 200 or more PCs in your branch.

And not even speaking from all the help desk calls: "Here is a Message box, what should i do?"
I received this calls every time Adobe Reader had an update until we started deployed it centralized without user intervention.
Jul 5, 2016 at 3:35 PM
This feature or issue has to be resolved soon.

I hope the devs are realizing this too. Maybe we can have a new reply on this because its almost one year ago.

Best Regards