Abort function after wrong password is entered.

Topics: Feature Requests
Dec 10, 2014 at 12:07 AM
In order to reduce the waiting time when a wrong password is entered it would be expedient if by pressing say the ESC key we could stop the process that causes Veracrypt to go through the process of checking all hash types.
Dec 10, 2014 at 11:58 AM
A good idea :) It gets my vote !

I believe Veracrypt will soon have a feature where the user is able to select the hash type used which will speed things up.

Either way, this is a good idea and thanks for posting it.
Coordinator
Dec 12, 2014 at 10:06 PM
As L0ck said, the manual selection of the hash will make password verification faster. Nevertheless, I agree that a cancel button would be an interesting feature.

Technically speaking, it is a little complex because the time consuming operation is done at the driver level and adding a cancel button would mean implementing a cancel IOCTL for the driver that would notify all the driver threads dedicated to this operation (don't forget that VeraCrypt uses parallelization).

I'll add it to the TODO list.

I have create an entry for this feature in the issue tracker and I marked it as "Feature": https://veracrypt.codeplex.com/workitem/23

One interesting point in using the issue tracker is that users can vote on the features they would like to see. This can give an idea how popular these feature are.